Sunday, September 2, 2012

Getting to know Tamara


Welcome Back! Just as the new school year is starting so is a new AOII year, while the Collegiates are going through Recruitment and getting to know their new sisters we figured it would be fun to do the same with the members of the Las Vegas AOII Alumnae Chapter! To kick it off we will start with the E-Board, first off is our fearless leader & President Tamara!

Name: Tamara Abernathy (initiated name Pond)

Collegiate Chapter & Year Initiated: Sigma Phi Fall 1996 (Cal State Univ Northridge) I was a sophomore when I pledged.

Most Memorable AOII Moment: My initiation retreat.  My chapter has the parents write a letter to their daughters.  This was the changing point in my relationship with my mother.  Not only has AOII given me so many wonderful sisters but also bridged an ailing gap in my mother-daughter relationship.

What does AOII mean to you: A built in family no matter where I am. No matter how different my sisters are, we all share a common bond.

Family (IIOA, Legacies, etc): Spouse, James

Interests/Hobbies/Talents: NKOTB, movies and TV junkie, coffee, bowling, concerts, plays, and I have no known talents.

Occupation: A little of everything but mostly finance, mortgage, real estate related

My dream vacation would be: Skiing in the Swiss Alps and curled up by a fire with my loved ones (on my bucket list!!)

My greatest achievement has been: Always staying true to myself.  I pride myself on making my own decisions, learning the hard way when necessary, and forging my own path.

Something that no one knows about me: I have tons of patience.  I could stand in long lines, deal with mean or stupid people and still be calm as a cucumber

My favorite food: Mexican and Sushi but not together.

3 Things I would want if I was stranded on a desert island: Chapstick, a knife, my ipad (with solar power charger)

My secret crush is: Don’t know how secret it is but Donnie Wahlberg

Next up will be Cassie Price.

On another note I hope to see you all next Sunday (September 9th) for our AOII Tea Party, here is a link to the invite on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/267175610060857/

Please don't forget this will be the last event where we will be collecting donations for Sisters for Soldiers.  But members of the E-board are willing to meet up with you to collect :) 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE My Step Mommy ;))
    Hope Your Feeling Better Tamara!
    Love and miss u <3

    ReplyDelete