Saturday, December 1, 2012

Getting to Know Marie...

Meet our Founder's Day chair - Marie Sassman 

Collegiate Chapter & Year Initiated Sigma Rho 2002
 
Most Memorable AOII Moment… There are so many… one of the best has to be getting sung to after getting my bid and then going dorm to dorm the following year to sing to the next  generation of girls.


What does AOII mean to you… Life long friendships with lots of unique and wonderful women


Family (IIOA, Legacies, etc) My husband Eric and son (3 months) Evan

Interests/ Hobbies/ Talents… I love to draw, paint, do crafting, and bake

Occupation… I was a performing arts teacher for 5 years and a third grade teacher for 3 years. Currently I am staying home with my son Evan.


My dream vacation would be…. It’s a tie, either NYC at Christmas time or Greece


My super power is… Being friendly


My greatest achievement has been… I grew up in remedial programs and could barely read until third grade. Though it was extremely hard, I never gave up and became a teacher so I could  inspire other struggling children to do the same.


Something that no one knows about me is … Even though I’m super outgoing and talk in front of large groups of students for a living, I am terrified of public speaking.


My favorite food is … Thai / Chinese food


The 3 things I would want if I was stranded on a desert island are … My husband, son, and I-phone


My secret crush is … I always tell my husband there is a new man in my life, my son, Evan!

Thanks Marie! Next up will be me (Kara Kenny).

No comments:

Post a Comment